Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gradebook Software

Playing around with the software tonight was rather fun. Chalksite was quite easy to navigate, of course, though, I had written directions to help me through. Personally, I don't think that gradebook software should cost anything; it is one of those 'necessities' in life that costs when it shouldn't. Kidspiration is so incredibly neat! I can totally see myself using this almost every day in my future classroom. I think this is a great tool to pair with the smartboard. I feel as though students could learn better because the activities are designed similarly to the way young children think and process information. Also, with anything on the smartboard, the students are actively involved in the learning process, therefore learning more. I am really excited about this software. It is something that I can use right now as a student preparing to be a teacher. To put it briefly, I love this program! It is so easy to use and so fun. I sure hope my school I teach at has kidspiration!! : )

1 comment:

  1. I hope your school does have Kidspiration and if it doesn't perhaps you can apply for a grant! You should ask the teacher that you are working with, or the computer lab person, if the school where you are doing your student teaching has the software. My guess is that many schools have it but it takes a teacher who is excited about how it can impact learning for it to be used on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete