Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Impact of Technology on Learning - Reflection #5

I am shocked how much of a difference technology makes when learning basically anythings. For example, tonight with the SmartBoard presentations, I learned so much . . . and I think I will retain it as well. I now know all the phases of the moon and interesting facts about the Potsdam Conference. I think that because the way I was raised and the time period during which I was raised I almost need technology to solidify something (I know I don't need it, but sometimes it sure seems like it). Technology seems to make things click. With the SmartBoard activities, I think it is because I was physically involved in my learning process. Also, the way the material was presented was unique and for lack of a better term, not boring. If the use of technology will help me learn better, I can only imagine how much better it will help my students learn and retain information.
With this realization, I am so much more motivated to learn as much as I can regarding the integration of technology in my lessons and classroom in general. The more I know and the more I can do, the better I will be as a teacher and the more I can help my students.

1 comment:

  1. Hillary,
    I would totally agree with you. Technology broadens my learning horizons. After the SMARTBoard presentations I was encouraged by even how much I learned, let alone what my future students could learn from each others presentations. Technology seems to me the most effective way to captivate our generation but also the generation we will be teaching. Thanks for sharing. Really liked your SMARTBoard presentation on chronology!:)

    ReplyDelete