Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Assignment #4 Part #1

For my Technology Project I will create a website. I will you one of the web 2.0 sofwares made to create websites. At the present I do not remember what those programs are, but I will ask tonight in class and update this blog as soon as I find out the name of the project. : )

This will be a class website. I know students in the past said it was frustrating to create a website for an imaginary class, but I think that would be fun. You have no limits on your creativity and you can do anything with you 'class' and what 'they' are learning. I will also use Google maps on my website. If I can swing it, I will also post a podcast as well. And if I am really lucky, I will add more to it. The website will be for a 2nd grade class. At this point in time I plan for there to be as much information for parents as for students.

I think that in today's society and culture it is positively crucial for each classroom teacher to have a class website. A class website can provide so much important information to both students and parents. A class website is a good way to fill the gaps between the classroom and home. A website is also a great way to reach people in this day in age. When people want to find information on basically anything, their first stop is the Internet. Why not let the Internet be the first stop for people for find out information about you class? A classroom website is a great way to integrate technology into your classroom because you can take it and use it wherever you teach regardless of the school or district's budget; it is free and effective!

So I've found the name of the sofware for the free website formats; surprise, surprise, it it called free webs. It was pretty easy to get started, but I was unsure of what to do on some of the pages.

I think it is hilarious that I've created a website. I never would haev guessed that I would have done such a thing. The problem that I am running in to is that I have all these wonderful (well, I think so) ideas of what to do and how to make my site better, but I do not know how to do so. I end up getting frustrated and giving up. Lukily, I am pushing through, since I actually have to turn this in. : )

1 comment:

  1. You are so right in saying that people usually use the internet as a first stop for informtion, so why not use this technology to bridge the gap between school and home.

    I used Freewebs too for my site, but I was a little disappointed in the lack of "school-looking" templates. So I just chose something that I thought was cute, knowing that I'd probably change it later.

    ReplyDelete