I use Word almost every day for school assignments. I usually just type, change the font/size, spell check and cut/copy/paste. I don't think I ever use Excel. I actually can't remember the last time I used it (I know I have though). PowerPoint I use to make slide shows (usually with pictures from trips I have been on).
For Word, students could write a short something (story, letter, or paper). As for excel, that could be used to a science or math assignment involving graphing. PowerPoint could be used at the beginning of the year and have students create a slide show about themselves so that we could all get to know each other better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like your idea for using PowerPoint in the classroom. I think that would be a really fun icebreaker. For elementary education, there are many neat things your class could do with Excel for any subject. For the poem you had us create in Instructional Design, we could use Excel-One column could be descriptive words, another column could be the rhyming words. I don't know, but there are endless possiblities. Be creative, yeah!
ReplyDeleteI agree that your idea for the use of of PowerPoint in the classroom is great. It's different and fun.
ReplyDeleteAnother way you can use Word is to have students create travel brochures (like Liliya's passport idea).