Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Web 2.0 - Reflection #1

I looked at two things on Web 2.0. First I played around with Flickr. I spelt my name. I have always liked collage style things. Here is my name: H I L McElman_071026_2445_L A R Y-ucutan
I don't think that I would use this during class, but I think that I would use it on my own to enhance a lesson or presentation. I might also be fun to make name tags for the students' desks or something similar to that.
I also maede a google map. I titled it "My Travels". Here is my map:
View Larger Map
I think that this would be great to use when studying abouut anything related to other countries (sports, languages, geography, etc). You can upload pictures, videos, basic facts, etc. I think this is a great way to get students involoved. This is also nice because they can access it anywhere not just at school - a great way to get parents involved too.

1 comment:

  1. There are many ways that you could use Google Maps in a classroom setting. It certainly would make the world a smaller place as you talked about different countries and diffent cultures. More than likely every student would have a family member living in a different part of the US or around the world and a project would help them to feel a bit closer to those family members.

    ReplyDelete